There are still a few weeks left in the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season, as it officially runs from June 1 through November 30 each year. It’s important that you secure your home or business by any means necessary since these storms can come with incredibly strong wind-speeds. Hurricane Irma, for instance, was the most powerful Atlantic hurricane in recorded history — it was a Category 5 storm with 185 mile-per-hour winds for 37 hours.
High impact glass doors and windows are great for minimizing damage from these powerful storms. Here are some fantastic benefits of having hurricane sliding doors installed in your home or business:
- Sheer physical protection — Window and door systems that have an impact-resistant glazing system of 105 over negative 130 can effectively withstand hurricane force winds that can travel more than 100 miles-per-hour.
- Lighting advantages — Large glass panes inside sliding doors allow for a lot more natural sunlight to come into a home during the day. With large panes running from the ground up to the top of the door panel, you might not even need to have a single light on during the day.
- Reduced energy bills — Since these impact glass doors can protect from major hurricane winds and flying debris, they can keep air in and out as needed, as well. You’ll be able to keep your home’s energy bills significantly lower and save a lot of money.
- Noise reduction — Hurricane sliding doors are also great for keeping unwanted noise out of your home. Loud lawn mowers in the morning can be extremely annoying, but with impact glass doors, you won’t be bothered by that or any other outside annoyance.
- Maximize space — Sliding glass doors can actually save space inside your home. Since they slide one over the other on a track rather than opening and swinging out, you won’t have to make space around your doorway in order to open and close them.
If you want to learn more about how hurricane sliding doors can help protect your home or business and get in touch with professional impact door and window manufacturers in Florida, give Engineering Glass Systems a call right away.